Updated: Nov 16
(Pour la versions française: https://fr.ppl.lu/post/résilience-et-bien-être-pour-les-parents)
Adversity is not discriminating and we all felt it in over one year and a half of pandemic. Besides the pandemic, we each have or had things that did not go as we expected. We have to deal stress, loss, accidents, bad health or even war and natural disasters. The world around us changes continually and we need to adapt to it and find a new balance and new ways of living. How to do this? How to handle daily stress and pandemic and family and work...and still have resources to stay healthy and eventually calm and optimistic?
Positive psychology research and interventions have some answers and the association of Positive Psychology Luxembourg (PPL) prepares to start a subsidized program Resilience and wellbeing for parents. A program sustained by Oeuvre National Grand Duchesse Charlotte over two years.
The advantages for the participants will be as follow:
- Explore themes related to resilience and well-being in a 15 hours free of charge practical and interactive program
- Meet and interact with like-minded parents in a learn & play environment ensured by our facilitators
- Learn from our expert facilitators
- Take small actions every week that will improve your resilience and wellbeing and that of your family.
- Possibility to opt for a follow up training and become facilitator of the programme and in this way form your own group of parents in your community to contribute to their resilience and wellbeing and that of the society at large.
How it will work:
- The program will be delivered online or offline in either 10 sessions of 1:30h each or in 5 sessions of 3h each with a weekly/two weeks regularity. Languages: French or English.
- Groups of 10 maxim 15 people
- Expert facilitators members of our Positive Psychology association
- Access to an on line resources and community of parents
- The program explores themes important for our wellbeing and resilience covering the most important needs like relationships, meaning, flexibility, communication thorough subjects coming out of research and applications of positive psychology: positive emotions, strengths of character, PERMA, psychological safety, taking care of the body and the mind etc.
- Each module will follow the same format:
o Tuning in: simple activities that are great for wellbeing (e.g. mindfulness exercise)
o Introduction into the subject and exchange of experiences
o Practical applications: individual or in group you will experience the interventions of Positive Psychology
o Group discussion: sharing ideas in groups and listening to each other's perspectives
o Action ideas: everybody comes with an action plan on how they will apply their learning home until the next session
Are you interested? Send us an email to be on our distribution list at: email@example.com. We are ready to start the program late this autumn and in January next year. For English groups follow the links bellow. For French groups follow this link: https://fr.ppl.lu/post/résilience-et-bien-être-pour-les-parents
Registration can be done for the first groups in English:
Group 1 Lead by Dana Brandes from 17 to 20 hrs in 5 sessions on the following dates: (Wednesdays) 10 & 24 of November 2021; 8th of December 2021; 12 & 26 of January.
Group 2 Lead by Jannie Striker from 9 to 10:30hrs in 10 session of 1.5hrs on the following dates: (Thursdays) 11,18 & 25 November; 2 & 9 December; 6, 13, 20 & 27 January and 3 February.
Group 3 Lead by Suzanne Karsai and Vera Kristensen from 14 to 17hrs in 5 sessions of 3hrs on the following dates: (Fridays) 14 & 28 January; 11 & 25 February; 11 March 2022.
Group 4 lead by Angie Robinson Thursdays from 8.45 to 10.15 in 10 sessions of 1.5hrs on the following dates: 13, 20, 27 January; 3, 10, 24 February; 3, 10, 17, 24 March 2022 at International School Luxembourg. Registration here!
Group 7 lead by Suzanne Karsai Wednesdays from 17:30 to 20:30 in 5 sessions of 3 hours on the following dates: 2, 16 and 30 of March 2022; 27 April 2022; 11 May 2022. Details & registration here!