Resilience and well-being for parents
Updated: Jan 30
(Pour la versions française: https://fr.ppl.lu/post/résilience-et-bien-être-pour-les-parents)
Adversity is not discriminating and we all felt it in over one year and a half of pandemic. Besides the pandemic, we each have or had things that did not go as we expected. We have to deal with stress, loss, accidents, bad health or even war and natural disasters. The world around us changes continually and we need to adapt to it and find a new balance and new ways of living. How to do this? How to handle daily stress and pandemic and family and work...and still have resources to stay healthy and eventually calm and optimistic?
Positive psychology research and interventions have some answers and the association of Positive Psychology Luxembourg (PPL) proposes the program Resilience and wellbeing for parents. The program has subsides from the foundation Oeuvre Grand Duchesse Charlotte under the program” Action jeunes” having as main purpose to help youth and their families to recover after the pandemic.
The program was created and delivered by Positive Psychology Association to support parents during and after the pandemic. The basic assumption of the program is that if parents learn and apply the mechanisms of resilience & well-being, they will model it for their children and the whole family will benefit. The members of the association deployed the program (5-10 meetings) already to 10 groups of parents (approximately 150 parents in total) through 2021 and 2022. In this moment we train new facilitators (selected from the initial participants) as multiplicators.
The advantages for the participants will be as follow:
- Explore themes related to resilience and well-being in a 15 hours free of charge practical and interactive program
- Meet and interact with like-minded parents in a learn & play environment ensured by our facilitators
- Learn from our expert facilitators
- Take small actions every week that will improve your resilience and wellbeing and that of your family.
How it will work:
- The program will be delivered online or offline in either 10 sessions of 1:30h each or in 5 sessions of 3h each with a weekly/two weeks regularity. Languages: French or English.
- Groups of 10 maxim 15 people
- The facilitators are trina by PPL asbl
- Access to an on line resources and community of parents
- The program explores themes important for our wellbeing and resilience covering the most important needs like relationships, meaning, flexibility, communication thorough subjects coming out of research and applications of positive psychology: positive emotions, strengths of character, PERMA, psychological safety, taking care of the body and the mind etc.
- Each module will follow the same format:
o Tuning in: simple activities that are great for wellbeing (e.g. mindfulness exercise)
o Introduction into the subject and exchange of experiences
o Practical applications: individual or in group you will experience the interventions of Positive Psychology
o Group discussion: sharing ideas in groups and listening to each other's perspectives
o Action ideas: everybody comes with an action plan on how they will apply their learning home until the next session
Are you interested? Contact us on email@example.com